Here it is guys. I am going to share with you husbands some things I have learned about marriage. Some things might be funny and others not so much.
1. There are three dates you are required to remember. Forever. Your first date, her birthday and your wedding date. All three dates will become national holidays for the rest of time.
2. No matter what she tells you, your wife really does need a break from being mom sometimes.
3. Just because you’re married doesn’t mean the romance stops. Always take time out for just the two of you if you have kids. And yes, Grandma can take the kids for a night or two.
4. No matter what she says, your wife really does like to be surprised with gifts. They don’t have to be expensive. Flowers work very well. Pay attention to what flowers she likes best.
5. Make sure you have a dog house just in case you make her mad and doesn’t let you share the bed. Just kidding. Settle all arguments before you go to bed. It doesn’t pay to wake up grumpy and still mad at each other.
6. If your wife asks your opinion about a new shirt or pair of pants, give it to her, even if you have to make it up. But be honest. Don’t tell her you like it if you really don’t.
7. Don’t try to turn your wife into something she isn’t. If she didn’t dress like a fashion diva when you met her, don’t try to turn her into one.
8. Learn how to clean the house. It can lead to some fun times behind closed doors if you know what I mean.
9. You know that saying, “What’s your’s is mine and what’s mine is your’s”? It’s simply not true. What’s yours is hers and what’s her’s is her’s. There is just now other way.
10. If you got kids, teach them not to disrespect momma.
11. If you got kids, love them and invest quality time with them. Teach them to value themselves, life and other people. Most of all, teach them to love God
12. If any of you thought the cartoon at the top was what marriage is all about, much more needs to be learned.